Scout Troop 44
Senior Patrol Leader
Patrol Leader Duties
- Runs all Troop meetings, events, activities,
and the annual program planning conference
- Runs the Patrol Leader's Council
- Appoints other Troop junior leaders with the advice and counsel
of the Scoutmaster
- Assigns duties and responsibilities to junior leaders
- Assists the Scoutmaster with junior leader training
- Sets a good
- Enthusiastically wears the Scout uniform correctly
by the Scout Oath and Law
- Shows Scouts spirit
- Notify the Scoutmaster and Assistant Senior Patrol Leader as soon as you know
you will be unable to attend (or will be late to) any outing, meeting, or activity.
- Attend Junior Leader Training.
- As chairman of
the Patrol Leaders’ Council:
- Attend all Patrol Leaders’ Council Meetings.
- Develop the agenda with the Scoutmaster before the meeting.
the agenda with the Assistant Senior Patrol Leader before each meeting.
- Talk with the Scoutmaster at least once a week between Troop
- After talking with the Scoutmaster, call the ASPL
and Patrol Leaders and remind them of anything they need to communicate to their
patrol members. This should be done the day prior to any Troop meeting or function.
- On Troop Outings:
- Arrive 20 minutes prior to departure.
on hand a copy of the Outdoor Program Plan and be familiar with it.
the plan created by the Patrol Leaders’ Council is followed.
- Upon arrival,
meet with the Patrol Leaders (and an adult representative) and assign patrol campsites
(if not done in advance).
- Wake up all PLC members at the time specified
on the Program Plan.
- Inform the Assistant Senior Patrol Leader and Scoutmaster
whenever you leave camp (does not apply for merit badge classes at Summer Camp).
Scouts when their responsibilities have been completed. This may be delegated
to the Patrol Leaders in the judgment of the SPL.
- Arrive at 6:45 PM and plan to stay until 15 minutes after
the meeting concludes.
- Have on hand a copy of the Troop Meeting Plan
and be familiar with it.
- Prior to the start of the meeting, make sure
all presenters are ready to go.
- Ensure the plan created by the Patrol
Leaders’ Council is followed.
- Conduct a brief evaluation session at the
conclusion of each meeting.
| Eagle Srvc Proj WrkBk | Job
Descriptions | 11 Leadership
Skills | Merit Badge
Info | Cold Weather Camping | Handbook
Board of Reviews | Calendar
of Events | Newsletter | Pictures
| Minutes | Forms